Monday, September 5, 2011

Double Stroller...Double Chin

RECAP/Summary of weeks 19-26
24 weeks with twins

25 weeks with twins

     These past weeks have been a roller coaster...physically and emotionally! One day I feel terrified that something is wrong or that I won't be able to do this and the next day I want to cry with joy because I love these babies so much and  am so excited about our lives!
     I must say that I never expected the weird aches and pains and bodily changes that occur in pregnancy. From constant back pain, waddling like a duck, and being breathless from walking to the car, I am learning there are a million changes that have been taking place. Aside from being uncomfortable and feeling like I'm carrying a 25 pound watermelon around all day, I really have had a complication free pregnancy...especially for twins! There have been a few "scares" along the way but they have turned out to be nothing.
*Scares:
10 weeks: kidney stones (this was real and I had to be hospitalized but babies were not affected)

13 weeks: a little spotting/bleeding one day (called Dr. but it was a small amount and never happened again)

20-21 weeks: not feeling babies flutter, kick, flip or move that much (sonogram showed babies were kicking each other and not me the last week or so)

26 weeks: thought I was leaking amniotic fluid (just babies kicking my bladder and pee coming out!!)

                The twins are kicking around and moving like crazy now! The last sonogram showed that they were nose to nose having a little western stare down. Both are breech but I hope that in the next few weeks they will flip to be head down...I want to try a normal delivery if possible. I am fully aware of the fact that I may have to have a C-section and am okay with that too.
              Seth is so excited about the boys! He tells the babies he loves them ALL the time (p.s. kinda weird when someone talks to your stomach) and I swear the babies kick more when they hear daddy's voice! With the kicks and movements becoming more frequent and stronger, Seth gets to feel them more often. It warms my heart to see how much his face lights up with excitement and joy when they kick his hands. He is going to be an amazing father!

26 weeks with twins


No comments:

Post a Comment